I finished 8 days on phase I, 6 days to go and surprisingly it’s getting easier. The biggest change I notice is my appetite, and how it’s not what it used to be. Thank God for small miracles, actually that’s a pretty big miracle if you ask me. Although earlier today we went to the Christmas market and there was fudge, there were candied nuts, and popcorn, and chocolate, lots of chocolate, pies and cakes, everything that I’m not supposed to have. But I persevered, and did not buy anything of that sort! The old me would have bought a few of everything, but not the new me! One small step for man, one huge step for Joanna, this ain’t no baby step!
However, no diet is complete without a dessert, that’s just how I feel. So I went and bought the The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook and immediately went to the dessert section, desperately looking for a dessert recipe that’s suitable for Phase I of the South Beach diet. To my disappointment there were none, they were all for Phase II or Phase III. What am I to do? I have another 1 week on this phase and I desperately need dessert.
So I go to my BFF google and started searching for desserts for this phase and I came across this little miracle on Kalyn’s Kitchen, she made hers with raspberry jello but I happen to like orange flavor a bit more than raspberry, though next time I’ll make the raspberry one.
And wouldn’t you know it, it’s only two ingredients, sugar free jell-o and fat free plain yogurt. Of course I had to turn this into a delicious parfait so I layered it with some fat free cool whip and sprinkled some crushed pecans on top. And look at this beauty. You don’t have to be on a diet to enjoy this dessert.
It’s beginning to get easier, I can have fat free cheese, I can have fat free yogurt and sugar free things, can’t be that bad!
- 1 package sugar free orange jell-o (4 servings)
- 1 16 oz container fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat free cool whip (optional)
- Add the jello powder and yogurt to a small microwave safe bowl and whisk really well until all the jello is incorporated in the yogurt.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes then whisk again for about 30 seconds.
- You can either make this in parfait cups or just plain small glasses. Layer one layer of the yogurt and one layer of cool whip, then another layer of the yogurt mixture. Feel free to skip the cool whip.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until jello sets.